Careful attention is paid to preserving the confidentiality of data reported by participating organizations. Empsight follows the Safe Harbor Guidelines when publishing its compensation surveys. These guidelines include:
- Age: The data that we use is at least three months old
- Participants: We use a minimum of five companies who participate and provide the data (which is aggregated and anonymized) for the statistical analysis that we use to prepare our industry-leading survey reports.
- Weighting: No individual participant company's information represents more than twenty-five percent (25%) on a weighted basis of each published statistic. No single company is identified with any specific information.
In addition, the following standards are applied to the compensation reports:
- No Base Salary, Incentive, Total Cash or other information is reported where there are fewer than 5 primary participants, regardless of the number
of incumbents reported
- Where there are 5 primary participants and a minimum of 5 reported incumbents, the Average (Mean) is reported
- Median is provided where there are a minimum of 5 primary participants and 5 incumbents reported
- 25th and 75th Percentile values are provided where there are a minimum of 5 primary participants and 5 incumbents reported
- 10th and 90th Percentile values are provided where there are a minimum of 10 primary participants and 10 incumbents reported
- To preserve confidentiality, we do not report the Highest or Lowest values
- Where the minimum values for reporting purposes are not reached, the data are suppressed and are not recorded in the report.
The overall pattern of reported data is analyzed based on the returned questionnaires to validate both the quality of job matching and the accuracy of data provided to us. In certain cases, participants are contacted during the analysis process to clarify elements of their submissions and some submitted information may be revised as a result.